CUCUMBER AND COCONUT SALAD
Ingredients• 1/2 cup small red onion,
• 1/2 cup thinly sliced lengthwise
• 3/4 Persian cucumbers or 1 English cucumber,
• 1 cup unsweetened large-flaked coconut
• 2 tablespoons coconut water
• 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice (from 1 lime)
• 2 teaspoons sugar, plus more for seasoning
• 1 1/2 teaspoons Coarse salt
InstructionsPlace onion in a bowl of ice water.
Let onion stand 10 minutes, then drain.
Thinly slice cucumbers lengthwise with
a handheld slicer or peeler and place in a large bowl.
Add onion and coconut and gently toss to combine.
Add coconut water, lime juice, sugar,
and 1 1/2 teaspoons salt and gently toss again to combine.
Refrigerate until chilled, at least 30 minutes and up to 4 hours.
Before serving, season with salt and sugar.